I mentioned in my last post, that I would share my expectations about the InkTober challenge and how I have prepared myself for this challenging competition.
Here we go!
First of all, I have put together my “toolbox”. I have assembled my pen collection, which I am very happy with. I won’t use a sketchbook and will be drawing on 50 X 70 cm (20″ X 28″) size papers.
Like many others, I haven’t prepared drawings in advance of the start of the challenge. I intend to produce one drawing a day and will begin tomorrow. – I’m slightly concerned that I won’t have the strength and creativity to keep drawing non-stop for whole month but I’m sure that what I’m feeling is just pre-challenge nerves!
I’ve not drawn with ink pens before so I had some practice today. Here is the result.
Everything or nothing will be my motto for the month of October. My #InkTober goals are:
- Don’t miss a day – create 31 finished drawings in 31 days, in a medium I have never worked with until today (OMG).
- Become super organized and share my artworks on my website and social media channels.
- Don’t get Covid-19 – I can’t explain to doctors why I need to drag all my messy drawing equipment into quarantine.
- Stop watching and reading political news (we have a national election at the end of the month – it’s too distracting! I need to fully concentrate on my drawing.
- Remember to reassure my diva cat that she still comes first!
- Become super-fast and don’t waste too much time on unnecessary things, especially cooking and eating. Note: My goal IS NOT that my family has a #31daysoffastfood challenge or #Starvtober but it is a possibility!
- Survive #InkTober and stay happy.
- 08:00, October 31, 2020 – vote (parliamentary elections will be held on this day)
- 10:00 a.m. come back home, finalize and post my 31st drawing and sleep (sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!) for the next 3 days
- And the last and main thing – keep up this crazy working speed for the whole of October and then look forward to InkTober2021 (and do it all over again)
I hope you follow my daily progress. Wish me luck!